RCP Clinical Activities include:
- Clinical audit and peer review with physicians and nurses who work with the maternal and newborn population. Includes Perinatal Surveys and Mortality & Morbidity Reviews, CME/CNE.
- Development and dissemination of clinical standards and guidelines for the perinatal population.
- Continuing education for clinicians providing maternal and newborn care.
- Ad hoc visits and involvement in administrative or clinical issues.
RCP Health Information Activities include:
- Management of the Nova Scotia Atlee Perinatal Database (NSAPD) on behalf of participating health care facilities and groups. This includes development and maintainence of data collection and reporting systems, database linkages and data quality, integrity and security.
- Distribution and interpretation of perinatal health information from the NSAPD including standardized reports and data retrievals resulting from specific queries.