The aim of this course is to equip nurses with the foundational knowledge necessary to conduct comprehensive labour assessments, provide nursing care that reflects an understanding of the physiological and psychosocial process of labour and birth, and collaborate with the health care team to identify and respond to potential complications during childbirth.
As a result of completing this course learners will be able to…
- Recognize the physiologic changes that occur throughout the process of labour and birth.
- Identify the steps involved in conducting a comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessment throughout the stages of labour and birth.
- Identify the most appropriate nursing interventions in response to assessment findings based on the stage of labour.
- Distinguish normal assessment findings from those that vary from the expected progress of labour.
READY TO START THE COURSE
- Click the link below "ENTER COURSE NOW"
- The course will open in a new browser window
- Click "START COURSE" to get started
Your feedback is very helpful to make sure the RCP Perinatal Orientation eLearning Series courses continue to meet learning needs. After you have completed the course please take a moment to complete the Evaluation Form. There is also a direct link to this form in the online course.