For providors wishing to become a FHS instructor:
RCP offers a 16-hour workshop for fetal health surveillance instructor candidates.
Part 1: Completion of the 8 hour Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance workshop
Part 2: Completion of the 8 hour Fetal Health Surveillance Instructor Workshop
Fetal Health Surveillance Instructor (8 hour) workshop objectives:
- Review principles of adult learning and self-efficacy
- Discuss process of facilitating a successful FHS program
- Review specific FHS content questions
- Practice facilitating a teaching session
- Outline strategies for continuing education and updating of FHS knowledge
- Discuss strategies for guideline implementation (knowledge transfer)
Prior to attending the workshop all participants must:
- Submit the completed Expression of Interest form
- Have the appropriate manager/supervisor/director complete and submit the FHS Instructor Candidate Letter of Support
(Participant must identify the appropriate person within their organization who would be able to support their role as a FHS Instructor, and to complete this form. This will vary depending on your role within the organization.)
- Review the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual, accessed through the UBC continuing professional development portal: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual
*Please review the instructions on the online manual and exam registration page carefully. Access to the exam expires after 3 months, so do not register until you are ready to complete it. If you have an existing UBC eLearning account (previously registered for access to the FHS online manual), please use the same email address for access to the exam.
- Successfully complete the National Fetal Health Surveillance Online Exam, at the end of the online manual review
- Submit your certificate of completion
Note: All workshop participants must successfully complete the Fundamentals for Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual AND Exam within 1 month prior to attending the workshop.
All completed forms and exam certificates can be submitted to email@example.com
CLICK HERE to register for a FHS workshop with RCP.
CLICK HERE to fill out an evaluation form after attending a FHS workshop.
- RCP will offer additional educational supports for FHS Instructors as needed (e.g.: FHS guideline updates, education updates, etc.)
- RCP works with the Canadian FHS Steering Committee & Atlantic Region FHS Advisory Committee to monitor ongoing needs for FHS Instructor training.
- You can direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org