The FHS Refresher workshop is intended for experienced providers (registered nurses, physicians, and registered midwives) who have already received foundational level education by attending a Fundamentals of FHS workshop. A minimum of 1 year of experience in application of fetal health surveillance knowledge and skills is suggested. This education program is not appropriate for the inexperienced practitioner.
FHS Refresher (4 hour) Workshop Objectives:
- Apply a systematic approach to the interpretation of fetal health surveillance information using intermittent auscultation and electronic fetal monitoring.
- Identify management strategies based on the total clinical picture.
- Discuss evidence informed approaches to care through case studies.
- Implement communication strategies that enhance teamwork and informed decision making.
Prior to attending the workshop all participants must:
- Review the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual, accessed through the UBC continuing professional development portal: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual
*Please review the instructions on the online manual and exam registration page carefully. Access to the exam expires after 3 months, so do not register until you are ready to complete it. If you have an existing UBC eLearning account (previously registered for access to the FHS online manual), please use the same email address for access to the exam
- Successfully complete the National Fetal Health Surveillance Online Exam, at the end of the online manual review
- Submit your certificate of completion
Note: All workshop participants must successfully complete the Fundamentals for Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual AND Exam within 1 month prior to attending the workshop.
CLICK HERE to register for a FHS workshop with RCP.
CLICK HERE to fill out an evaluation form after attending a FHS workshop.