FOR PROVIDERS WISHING TO BECOME A FHS INSTRUCTOR:
RCP offers a 2-day workshop for fetal health surveillance instructor candidates.
Day 1: Consists of completing the 8 hour Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance workshop
Day 2: Fetal Health Surveillance Instructor Workshop
Fetal Health Surveillance Instructor (8 hour) workshop objectives:
- Review principles of adult learning and self-efficacy
- Discuss process of facilitating a successful FHS program
- Review specific FHS content questions
- Practice facilitating a teaching session
- Outline strategies for continuing education and updating of FHS knowledge
- Discuss strategies for guideline implementation (knowledge transfer)
Prior to attending the workshop all participants must:
- Submit the completed Expression of Interest form
- Have the appropriate manager/supervisor/director complete and submit the FHS Instructor Candidate Letter of Support
(Participant must identify the appropriate person within their organization who would be able to support their role as a FHS Instructor, and to complete this form. This will vary depending on your role within the organization.)
- Review the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual, accessed through the UBC continuing professional development portal: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual
*Register for the full course (including exam and certificate of completion)
- Successfully complete the National Fetal Health Surveillance Online Exam, at the end of the online manual review
- Submit your certificate of completion
Note: All workshop participants must successfully complete the Fundamentals for Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual AND Exam within 1 month prior to attending the workshop.
All completed forms and exam certificates can be submitted to email@example.com
CLICK HERE to register for a FHS workshop with RCP.
FOR CURRENT FHS INSTRUCTORS:
Canadian FHS Instructor Portal:
FHS Instructors are expected to register with the Canadian FHS Instructor Portal after completion of the Fetal Health Surveillance Instructor Workshop, and maintain active registration as long as they are providing FHS education.
- Teaching Resources: Access current, up-to-date, Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance and Fetal Health Surveillance Refresher presentations and teaching resources
- Workshop Accreditation: For accredited workshops, CME credits can be awarded to participants attending workshops facilitated by registered FHS instructors
- Discussion Forum: Access to a discussion forum that you can use to share information or pose questions about topics related to providing FHS workshops, clinical questions, challenging situations, emerging evidence, etc.
CLICK HERE to access the Canadian FHS Instructor Portal.
- RCP will offer additional educational supports for FHS Instructors as needed (e.g.: FHS guideline updates, education updates, etc.)
- RCP works with the Canadian FHS Steering Committee & Atlantic Region FHS Advisory Committee to monitor ongoing needs for FHS Instructor training.
- You can direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org