The Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance (8 hour) Workshop Objectives:
- Discuss the current evidence and guidelines for intrapartum FHS
- Review and practice the techniques of FHR auscultation and EFM
- Interpret FHR characteristics from both auscultation and EFM
- Integrate the concepts of acid-base balance and the interpretation of fetal blood gas values in FHR interpretation
- Identify important principals of verbal communication and written documentation
- Outline supportive and corrective interventions for various FHR findings
Prior to attending the workshop all participants must
- Review the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual, accessed through the UBC continuing professional development portal: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual*Register for the full course (including exam and certificate of completion)
- Successfully complete the National Fetal Health Surveillance Online Exam, at the end of the online manual review
- Submit your certificate of completion
Note: All workshop participants must successfully complete the Fundamentals for Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual AND Exam within 1 month prior to attending the workshop.
CLICK HERE to register for a FHS workshop with RCP.