RCP Webinar Series - Watch the RCP website for previously recorded webinars, details regarding future topics, learning objectives and registration information for future webinar sessions. The latest session, Managing Preterm Newborns with Iron Deficiency, presented on Feb 21, 2023, is now available for viewing.
Suggestions for future topics are always welcomed. Please send them via the RCP email: email@example.com
Upcoming RCP Fetal Health Surveillance Workshops:
- Fundamentals of FHS Workshop
- FHS Instructor Workshop
New Provincial Rh Order Set – The Rh Program of Nova Scotia has recently revised the pre-printed order set for Rho(D) Immune Globulin (WinRho® SDF) into a provincewide standardized component transfusion document. The new pre-printed order set is called: Component Transfusion – Rho(D) Immune Globulin (WinRho® SDF) – (NS_OSCTRIG – OS). The preprinted order set can be accessed on the Rh Program of NS website and on the IWK and NSH Forms Repository system.
Free Webinar Series – The Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing is offering a free webinar series titled - Implementing the TRC Calls to Action in Nursing Education
The webinar series will cover the following topics:
- Workshop 1. Indigenous specific racism
- Workshop 2. Cultural humility
- Workshop 3. Cultural safety
- Workshop 4. Taking Responsibility for the History We Have All Inherited: Integrating the Truth of Colonialization
- Workshop 5. Implementing Calls to Action in Nursing Curricula
To register click here.
Halifax ALARM Course 2023
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada (SOGC) is offering an Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) course in Halifax at the Four Points by Sheraton on June 24 & 25, 2023. Registration is open and is filling quickly. To register click here.
International Women’s Day - March 8th is International Women’s Day. International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity, challenging gender stereotypes, and advancing change through advocacy and action. The theme for 2023 is #EmbraceEquity. The campaign theme aims to get the world talking about why "equal opportunities are no longer enough." Each one of us have a role to play in actively supporting and embracing equity within our own sphere of influence. Check out more detailed information and resources on the International Women’s Day website.
COVID-19 Vaccination in Pregnancy
SOGC has recently updated and reaffirmed their consensus statement on COVID-19 Vaccination in Pregnancy. For the full details of the statement click here.
IWK Grand Rounds: Adolescent Pregnancy & Parenting - On January 25, 2023, Dr. Emma Bartlett (PGY 3, Paediatrics) presented at Pediatric Grand Rounds on care considerations for pregnant and parenting adolescents. Objectives of her presentation included:
- To understand the healthcare needs of adolescents in pregnancy, postpartum, and parenthood
- To identify key members of the healthcare team to support adolescents in pregnancy and parenthood
- To describe the role of the pediatrician in supporting adolescent patients in pregnancy and parenthood
- To examine our local landscape of adolescent pregnancy care, including resources, models of care and vulnerable populations
The presentation is available on IWK's YouTube channel: Dr. Bartlett, Pediatric Resident: Adolescent Pregnancy & Parenting: What is our role?
Canadian Pediatric Society Practice Points – The CPS has released the following practice points to support practice:
- Care considerations for infants born to mothers with suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Inhaled nitric oxide use in newborns
Feel free to share the RCP’s e-News with your colleagues.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the RCP office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manage your RCP e-News subscriptions