The Canadian Perinatal Programs Partnership is an organisation of perinatal/reproductive care programs and associations across the country, committed to fostering and supporting optimal care of childbearing families to facilitate the best possible outcomes for all mothers and babies.
Documents from the June 2014 meeting in Montreal are available here (login required).
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Canadian Perinatal Programs Partnership is an organisation of perinatal/reproductive care programs* and associations across the country, committed to fostering and supporting optimal care of childbearing families to facilitate the best possible outcomes for all mothers and babies.
Based on voluntary participation and using a multi disciplinary approach, the Partnership will:
- Serve as a vehicle for health care professionals involved in the organisation of perinatal/reproductive care programs and associations provincially or regionally, to exchange ideas and share information on those areas that are basic to these programs, namely:
- Health status and performance measurement via database management, practice audits and benchmarking projects
- Resource development of evidence-based practice/policy guidelines and the publication of perinatal newsletters
- Program and professional development through interdisciplinary courses and conferences, educational partnerships and consultations
- Information technology access via interlinked web-sites and the use of appropriate telecommunications
- Foster and promote the utilization of position statements and practice guidelines that are issued by national professional groups and other expert bodies; evaluation of same to assist in their interpretation for diverse regions within Canada
- Make available the group's resources to provide information and encouragement to existing programs and to the development of new programs for the organisation of reproductive care services.
*The "program" definition is not meant to be exclusive. A "program" may consist of one dedicated individual, affiliated with other professionals and liaising with like organisations. Membership will be by program, as will responsibilities, e.g. currently Nova Scotia is the Chair of the Partnership, with support from Perinatal Services BC, the Champlain Maternal Newborn Regional Program (CMNRP), the Alberta Perinatal Health Program and others.